- Taylormade is going crazy over their new Geocoustic Technology. This amazing feature will give you a better sounding driver and much more forgiveness out of the tee box.
- The black and white design of this driver is very appealing to the eyes. Golfers found it very easy to address the ball when teeing off. The carbon fiber on the back of the driver allows for more weight to be added in different places throughout the club design.
- Many reviews online praise the overall feel of the driver. People were able to achieve a smooth comfortable swing each and every time.
- Miss hits and off center shots straighten out in the air. The overall club head design has a much larger sweet spot and is a lot easier to hit. No more having to guess.
- Driver has a lower launch out of the tee box and also provides a slow spin on the golf ball. Luckily the M2 has the ability to adjust loft degrees. If the initial ball flight is unfavorable then simply change the loft and see how the ball performs after that.
The Taylormade brand is a United States company based out of California. What many people don’t know is that they are the parent company of Adidas. You can definitely see in their equipment that they are focused on advanced technology and providing the best product that they can create. The engineers over at Taylormade have done a wonderful job constructing the Taylormade M2 driver. Many professionals are using their equipment on tour like Dustin Johnson, Rory Mcilroy, Tiger Woods, and Jason Day just to name a few.
Taylormade M2 Driver Review
Detailed Driver Review
The M2 driver is a simple but powerful club that can really improve your handicap and overall gameplay. With this club in your hands you will be smashing the ball down the fairway and keeping it straight in the process. No more having to find your golf ball in the woods because you decided to shank it due to a miss-hit. The club designers have developed a driver to give you a larger sweet spot on the club face and consistency each and every time you tee it up.
Design Of The Driver – 4 out of 5
As I mentioned earlier in this review, Taylormade has designed this driver with their Geocoustic Technology. According to the Taylormade website, “Geocoustic technology combines geometry and acoustical engineering to deliver more forgiveness and best-in-class sound.” This advancement in technology gives the driver a redesigned center of gravity to promote a faster ball speed off the club face.
Another wonderful design feature of this driver is the color scheme picked by the team over at Taylormade.The white and carbon fiber black really make this driver easy to line up with the golf ball. This color design makes the driver look powerful and strong. I definitely have to say that these colors are a great choice. I think it makes the club look amazing.
Driver Technology – 4.5 out of 5
Besides the Geocoustic Technology used by Taylormade engineers, there isn’t really much more built into this driver. The loft is adjustable but this driver doesn’t sport a movable weight on the bottom of the club face. That can be ok for people who don’t like tweaking their driver that much. I find that the movable weights on some drivers are hard to tap into and master.
Another great piece of technology used in this design is the addition of carbon fiber on the top of the club head. Carbon fiber is very light but also super durable. Adding the carbon fiber to the club gives the engineers some options to add more weight to other parts of the club. They did this by adding more weight to the back of the club for a much faster ball speed.
Performance – 4 out of 5
This driver performs very well compared to other clubs on the market. The initial setting of this driver off the shelf gives the golf ball a much lower ball flight. With this low ball flight also comes a slower spinning ball. If you want noticeable results I would suggest dialing in a higher loft to really get that ball in the air. A ball that goes higher in the air will fly farther down the fairway.
The sweet spot on this driver is massive. When you swing the M2 driver by Taylormade you will notice that it is almost impossible to miss the sweet spot. Your driver will sound amazing when you make contact with the sweet spot over and over again. With the larger sweet spot on the driver you won’t have any miss-hits that result in you looking for your ball in the woods. Engineers really put a lot of time and effort into how this driver performs on the golf course.
Overall Feel – 4.5 out of 5
This driver can definitely handle any swing speed you throw at it. This well balanced driver will give you complete comfort and control throughout your whole swing process. Your swing will feel effortless with this driver in your hands.
Don’t be afraid to swing as hard as you can with this driver. With the larger sweet spot and well balanced club you will be smashing it down the course in no time. Some other drivers on the market are geared towards a slower or faster swing speed. This driver by Taylormade is really a grip it and rip it club. Dial in your correct settings on the club head and give it a smash. You will be amazed at how much it improves your handicap.
Alternatives To The M2 Driver
If this driver isn’t your style or you want a more customizable club experience then here are some wonderful backup choices. I know that the process can seem overwhelming but if you have the right amount of information beforehand it can make this whole ordeal really simple.
Cobra F6 Driver
- I would have to give the Cobra F6 driver a solid second place to the M2. This driver really checks off all the things you should look for in a driver.
- This driver is very long off the tee. The overall design and engineering put into this driver really gives your golf ball a significant amount of distance.
- Cobra claims that this driver is the most forgiving club on the market. The engineers have designed a rather large sweet spot that straightens out your shot in the air.
- The “Front to Back” center of gravity really takes club customization to the next level. When you dial in the perfect weight on the bottom of the club you will achieve a straight as an arrow ball flight.
Ping G30 Driver
- Ping has developed wind resistors on the top of the club head called turbulators. The turbulators reduce wind drag and give you a faster club head speed.
- Many options are available for the clubs adjustability. You can change the loft as well as the driver’s weight. All of this can be done with the twist of a screwdriver.
- The driver’s club head has been redesigned to spot a lower center of gravity. This weight shift gives the ball a greater chance of spinning faster.
- Bubba Watson really loves swinging the G30 on tour. There is a reason why Watson loves to swing this driver on tour. The reason is because the driver works and helps him to perform to his greatest ability.
Callaway XR Driver
- Callaway engineers have created a driver that really puts their name on the map. The XR driver has won a lot of awards and continues to outperform other clubs.
- The club sports a thinner face to give your ball more distance out of the tee box.
- “Speed Step Crown” implemented in the driver reduces wind resistance and helps you to swing much faster. You will notice an easier free swinging motion with this driver.
- Many customization options available in this driver. Loft can be adjusted to change the whole ball flight.
Should You Buy The Taylormade M2 Driver?
This phenomenal driver by Taylormade will definitely get your score down in no time. I would have to say that this driver is ideal for beginners all the way up to professionals. No matter what your swing speed is or playing ability the M2 will get those drives straight. The “M” line of clubs for Taylormade, far exceeded many golfers expectations. I definitely recommend this club for anyone looking to get a new driver.